Proof can be submitted electronically, through text message, or
in-person at one of our locations at the time of purchase.
Government Assistance Program Accepted Proof:
- SNAP / EBT (CalFresh)
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSDI (Social Security Disability)
- NSLP (National School Lunch Program)
- Public Housing Assistance or Section 8 voucher
- Cal Grant Financial Aid
- Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)
- Head Start
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
If the household does not receive any government benefits, they may provide
proof of their yearly gross income. Households that make 250% of the federal
poverty level threshold qualify for donations. Any documentation provided to
prove income level must display dollar amounts that can be used to figure
Annual Income. Must include the number of members in the household on
Accepted forms of proof of income include:
- The prior year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits / Social Security benefits
- Pay stubs are not accepted
- SNAP/EBT, Medi-Cal/Medicaid cards alone are not accepted. A
letter/document that confirms the active benefit is required.
- The documentation must be dated within the last 6 months and it must be an active benefit.
- Households will be required to submit eligibility every 15 months.